Monday, March 22, 2010

I told you I was bad at blogs!

So, my friend is sleeping over and reminded me of this blog I started... CRAP.

So update here we come.........

I thought I'd start again with a recent story from this past Friday night (ok maybe technically saturday morning, don't judge me!). I had a long night out dancing in the East Village and it was about time to take a cab home... I know I sound super Bourgeois- but it was late! So as I am the cab I strike up a casual conversation with the driver and ask him where he is from- he tells me Nigeria. We start to talk about the current political unrest in Nigeria ( I know I am a nerd) and the conversation turns into this rough dialogue:

C.D: You should move to Nigeria, you would love it there
Me: Maybe someday
CD: You should Marry me and move to Nigeria- I own a hotel in Nigeria, you can manage it!
Me: ohhh (laughs) I don't know
CD: No, you can marry me, move to Nigeria- My Hotel is very Nice it has 20 rooms restaurant and bar (pulls out picture of the hotel, it is actually quite nice)- I can support you in Nigeria
Me: Oh well I'm not ready to move right now....


WHAT THE HECK.... what about me makes men think I will marry them on the spot. This is the fifth time this has happened to me... FIVE random proposals...

Other random proposals to come in later posts




*Note as the story went on, he explained to me that he is a Cab driver in NYC from March-November and from November- February he goes to his hotel in Nigeria. The simple reason for this was that he can make much more money here in NYC to send back to invest in the Hotel.... ohhh the global economy

No comments:

Post a Comment